These past few weeks have given us many things to think about, set goals for, and pray about. I have some very dear friends who are in need of prayers for healing, support, and God's good grace. I am more than humbled by their strength and their families drive to keep going and working towards end goals of health and happiness. I know that we rely on HIM for many things, we put our worries, happiness, and tears on him and know he is there to see us through. One of my most steadfast prayers I have always prayed is the serenity prayer:
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.
It has seen me through many times of weakness and confusion and I hope brings strength and peace of mind to my good family and friends as well that are working through some very difficult times in their lives. Even in the hardest moments in our lives I try to stop and praise him and his amazing grace, build an understanding of his path for me and those I love, and accept this amazing gift of life he has offered us.
This brings me to my new habit I've developed which is writing letters to the baby even though he isn't here yet, not only to connect with him more, but to share with him pieces of me from now that he can read later in life and look back and "hear" me. I hope this is something I can continue at least each year he is here with us. My habit is that I write them out, then take a few minutes to read them out loud to him :) I know he is listening and can hear now so it's exciting to think about strengthening that bond I already have with him. One of my letters includes dreams I hope for him and our family as we grow and change. I made a quick list of just a few to share :)
I hope you find strength in knowing that you will always have a special guardian angel up in heaven just for you!!! Your Grandma Sundra!
I have goals for you, but most of all I hope you set goals for yourself and achieve them to the best of your ability.
I hope you LOVE baseball like your daddy (and any other sport or activity your mommy loves)
I hope you LOVE people like your daddy and mommy
I hope you have curly hair :)
I hope you love your big "dog brother" Kobe as much as we do
I hope you are a singer....singing brought me and your daddy together and continues to be something we enjoy doing on a daily basis!
you get the idea...the list goes on and on and on :) I have so many big dreams for this baby boy of ours and I cannot wait until he arrives. He is a blessing and a gift from god.
I am so very grateful for friends, family, and those people who give us strength. I hope that the many friends and family we have that support us so much each day know just how thankful we are for each one of them. I only hope they feel our love and support each day as well!
With Love & Laughter
Beka
He is going to be one loved little boy! It's so cool what you are doing with the letters.
ReplyDeleteLoveee... He has the best mama and daddy!
ReplyDeleteI have a book I've been writing in for Aiden and wrote him a letter before he was born!! :) I continue to write little things in it so it will be something he can look back on and always have!
Miss you guys.. lovin' your blog! I subscribed now so will hopefully get all the updates! YAY!!
:) Love your post! It is nice to hear little updates from you guys! and it was great seeing you this weekend!
ReplyDelete