Thursday, April 26, 2012

Different Views

Well tomorrow I'll be 37 weeks and even more ready everyday for this little guy to make his arrival! To do some catch up....Last week at the start of our weekly Doctor appointments Dr. Welch said my stats are:
36 Weeks:
Elijah is head down but not dropped into the birth canal yet
I was 50% effaced (which means my cervix is thinning) my cervix is soft :)
I was 1cm dilated (this sounds like progress yes, but you can be 1cm dilated for weeks)
Still measuring 2cm ahead as far as fundal height goes so I was measuring 38 weeks instead of 36.
*Dr. Welch did say that I am right on track to deliver on my due date which is May 18th!*
Overall it is progress which is good, but as any mom could tell you these last weeks are the most difficult because the comfort level drops to about a 0....and I thought being stomach sick for 14weeks was hard!!! I look back to my second trimester as every momma will tell you and think WOW that was the BEST part of pregnancy...It's probably good though that not all of pregnancy is that fantastic or our world just might be even more overpopulated :) Many people ask "so how are you feeling" I have some pretty fantastic answers that roll through my head, but often just answer "I'm ok, ready for this little guy to be here" when if you could read my brain it would tell you "Well I look like I feel....like crap and you wouldn't be asking if you didn't think the same thing" :) lol

Here's a couple 36 week photos....notice the beautiful swelling that has begun!
 
We are feverishly trying to "get things done" aka nesting I guess...not what I thought nesting would be like, but it is happening. So we decided to take a break from the get things done mode BBQ here at the house with some good friends who were coming through Manhattan! They asked what to bring and my answer was "DESERT" haha I've wanted sweet things this entire pregnancy, but this was above and beyond....they brought a cake...yes a fantastic marble cake....with a sweet message to this wonderful bundle of joy who will be here soon. mmmmmm it was fantastic and I'm happy to say Jared and I....mostly I have all but finished it already!

 Also I must give a humongous THANK YOU to my Mom and George for helping me plant the Meitler Garden numero dos. I have been wanting to "get that done" for weeks now and it was so fantastic that they came to help!!! We planted (well mostly my momma...because she has the green thumb in the family) tomatoes- 4 varieties (roma, cherry, grape, and big boys), jalapeno peppers, red bell peppers, cucumbers, and green beans! I CANNOT wait to have fresh veggies this summer! We even got fancy and put done weed stop this year so they don't overgrow my more veggie plants!
Even Kobe helped plant the garden...mostly supervised that no bunnies came close to those fresh plants



















Thought this was funny and wished I had documented the belly growth from this angle the entire pregnancy....here is MY view of the world looking down at my belly :)  I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow and we'll have our 37 week appointment with Dr. Welch too. Hopefully more progress and maybe even some help with the not so beautiful part of pregnancy...the SWOLLEN FEET!!
 Yes those are my poor feet....yes they are uncomfortable....yes I drink many many many glasses of water, prop them up anytime I can, and we are still taking short walks each day....Who knew I'd be a lucky momma whose body chooses to hold water in fantastic places...I had to bend over to get this shot of my lovely feet!! I didn't however take any pics of my swollen face...it is pretty funny to see myself in the mirror and then look at pictures of myself. I can't wait to have my feet back!!!!
22 days until our due date!!!!
Sending love & laughter
Beka

1 comment:

  1. I love all the pictures! You look GREAT! Not crappy. But, I will have to say your poor poor feet! OUCH! Soon. Enjoy the last couple of weeks of just you and him. I'll be thinking and praying for all of you and hope everything goes smooth!

    ReplyDelete